Accessibility in Caputh
Visitors with special needs can explore Schwielowsee, an officially accredited resort, as well. There is specific information available online and for download for the village Caputh. Here you can find accessible walks, sights and accommodation. What’s more you can find places offering lactose-free and gluten-free food.
Recommendations for an accessible walk
Round trip 1
This walk starts at 'Schloss' (Palace bus stop) and takes you through the Palace Garden that surrounds Caputh Palace. From there it takes you along 'Straße der Einheit' street to the ferry.
Round trip 2
A second walk starts at 'Bahnhof Caputh' (Caputh train station) along a walkway to the lakefront promenade with an observation platform offering a spectacular view of the lake. The walkway then continues to Caputh ferry.
The following car parks are available in Caputh, with some of the spaces marked as disabled parking:
- 'Seestraße' street, right across the church
- Next to the castle, in 'Straße der Einheit' street (parking meters)
- 'Michendorfer Chausee' boulevard
- At the REWE supermarket (in the town centre)
- 'Geltower Chausee' boulevard, at the ferry
- Lakefront promenade, 'Weinbergstraße' street (parking meters)