It is part of the quality standards of the municipality of Schwielowsee, Potsdamer Platz 9, 14548 Schwielowsee/OT Ferch (hereinafter: municipality of Schwielowsee) to handle the data you entrust to us responsibly and to protect it from any unauthorised access. Data protection and data security are of particular concern to us. The municipality of Schwielowsee acts in accordance with data protection regulations, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR), the German Federal Data Protection Act [Bundesdatenschutzgesetz or BDSG] and the German Telemedia Act [Telemediengesetz].
In particular, you will receive information about the type, scope and purpose of the collection and use of your personal data and about your rights in this context.
The body responsible (hereinafter referred to as 'controller') for the collection, processing and use of your personal data in accordance with the GDPR is:
Municipality of Schwielowsee
Potsdamer Platz 9
14548 Schwielowsee/OT Ferch
Phone: (+49-33209) 769 29
The data protection officer of the municipality of Schwielowsee is
Mrs Angela Junge
Municipality of Schwielowsee
Potsdamer Platz 9
14548 Schwielowsee/OT Ferch
Phone: (+49-33209) 76 929
'Personal data' shall mean any piece of information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as 'data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This includes data that can be used to determine your identity, such as your name, your address, your e-mail address or your IP address. On the other hand, such data on the basis of which your identity cannot be determined, e.g. the browser you use, cannot be classified as personal data.
The municipality of Schwielowsee only collects, processes and uses your personal data to the extent permitted by law or ordered by the legislator. The municipality of Schwielowsee will handle your personal data in accordance with data protection regulations.
1. When you visit the schwielowsee-tourismus.de website, our server automatically and by default saves the relevant information in server log files:
With the exception of the IP address of the requesting computer, these data do not constitute personal data.
2. The above data are used without a concrete assignment to your person and serves only for statistical purposes and for optimisation in connection with our online offer as well as for ensuring the security of our IT systems.
The data in the server log files and in particular the IP addresses are anonymised before any use, such as to improve/adapt the offer on our website.
3. The legal basis for the collection and storage of the above-mentioned data in the log files is Section 6 (1) f of the GDPR.
4. The above data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the purpose of their collection.
We will store your IP address for a limited period of time if such storage is necessary for security purposes, for example to enable documentation of illegal access. The duration of the storage period depends on the respective security interest and the required security level and is 14 days. After this period has expired, your IP address will be deleted immediately.
1. You can contact us using the e-mail addresses given on the schwielowsee-tourismus.de website. In this case, the user's personal data transmitted with the e-mail will be stored.
2. The legal basis for the processing of the personal data mentioned above under no. 1 is Section 6 (1) f of the GDPR.
3. The processing of the personal data mentioned above under no. 1 serves the sole purpose of handling and processing your contact. This also constitutes a legitimate interest in the processing of the personal data specified above under no. 1.
4. The personal data mentioned above under no. 1 will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purpose of their collection.
1. On the schwielowsee-tourismus.de website, the map service Google Maps provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereafter: Google) can be used in the area 'Contact and how to get there' (link of the same name) via an interface (API).
If you use this functionality, your IP address will be saved and usually transferred to a server operated by Google in the United States of America (USA) and stored there. We have no influence on this data transmission.
2. The legal basis for the processing of the above-mentioned personal data is Section 6 (1) f of the GDPR.
3. The use of the Google Maps functionality is in the interest of an improved presentation of the locations and an improved communication concerning the journey. This also constitutes a legitimate interest in the processing of the personal data referred to above.
Google has been certified ('EU-US Privacy Shield'), according to which the data protection regulations applicable within the European Union are also observed when processing personal data in the USA.
Further information can be found at the following link:
Browsers offer setting options for regulating the acceptance of cookies. Depending on the functionalities, acceptance of cookies can be excluded generally or by requesting consent by the user on a case-by-case basis. However, we would like to point out that individual functionalities on the schwielowsee-tourismus.de website may be restricted by the rejection of cookies.
In the event that your personal data are processed, you are considered to be a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR and you are entitled to the following rights in relation to the municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller (no. 1)
1. Right of information
As the person concerned, you have the right to obtain confirmation from the municipality of Schwielowsee, as the controller, as to whether personal data concerning you are being processed by us.
In the event that such personal data are processed, you may request the following information from the municipality of Schwielowsee:
a) the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
b) the categories of personal data that are processed;
c) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular in the case of recipients in third countries or international organisations;
d) the envisaged duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if that is not possible, the criteria for determining that duration;
e) the existence of a right of rectification or erasure of personal data relating to them or of a right of limitation or objection to their processing by the controller;
f) the existence of a the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority;
g) where the personal data are not collected from you as the data subject, any available information as to their origin;
h) the existence of a decision making based solely on automated processing, including profiling, as referred to in Section 22 (1) and (4) and, at least in those cases, relevant information about the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the data subject.
You also have the right to obtain information as to whether personal data concerning you are being transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. If this is the case, you have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards in accordance with Section 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer.
2. Right of rectification
Furthermore, you have the right to demand from the municipality of Schwielowsee, as the controller, immediate rectification and/or completion if the personal data processed concerning you are incorrect or incomplete.
3. Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten')
a) You also have the right to demand that the municipality of Schwielowsee, as the controller, immediately deletes any personal data concerning you. The municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller is obliged to delete personal data concerning you immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
b) If the municipality of Schwielowsee, as the data controller, has made public the personal data concerning you and if the municipality of Schwielowsee is obliged to delete such data pursuant to Section 17 (1) of the GDPR, it will take reasonable measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform data controllers who process the personal data that you, as the data subject, have requested them to delete all links to this personal data as well as any copies or replications of this personal data.
c) The right of cancellation does not apply insofar as the processing is necessary
4. Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request the municipality of Schwielowsee to restrict processing under the following conditions:
(1) the accuracy of the personal data concerning you has been disputed by you, for a period of time that enables the municipality of Schwielowsee, as the controller, to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
(2) the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of the personal data and instead demand that the use of the personal data be restricted;
(3) the municipality of Schwielowsee, as the data controller, no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you need the personal data for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
(4) you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Section 21 (1) of the GDPR, but it is not yet clear whether the justified reasons of the municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller outweigh your reasons. If the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such data – apart from being stored – may only be processed with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of an important public interest of the European Union or a Member State.
If the processing has been restricted in accordance with the above conditions, you will be informed by the municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller before the restriction is lifted.
5. Right to information
If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing vis-à-vis the municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller, the municipality of Schwielowsee is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification, erasure or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients by the municipality of Schwielowsee as controller.
6. Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and provided to the municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You also have the right to have these data communicated to another person in charge without hindrance by the municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller to whom the personal data have been made available, provided that
(1) the processing is based on a consent pursuant to Section 6 (1) a of the GDPR or Section 9 (2) a of the GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Section 6 (1) b of the GDPR and
(2) the processing is carried out by means of automated procedures.
In exercising this right to data portability, you also have the right to obtain that the personal data concerning you be transferred directly from the municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be impaired by this.
The right to data portability does not apply to the processing of personal data that is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller.
7. Right to object
You also have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you that is carried out pursuant to Section 6 (1) e or f of the GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
The municipality of Schwielowsee, as the controller, will no longer process the personal data concerning you unless it can demonstrate compelling reasons for processing that are worthy of protection and that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If the personal data concerning you are processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such marketing, including profiling, insofar as it relates to such direct marketing.
If you object to processing for the purposes of direct marketing, your personal data will no longer be processed for those purposes.
In the context of the use of information society services, you have the right to object by means of automated procedures using technical specifications, notwithstanding the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC.
8. Right to revoke the declaration of consent under data protection law
You also have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time. In the event of such revocation, the lawfulness of the data processing carried out up to the time of revocation will not be affected.
9. Automated decision in individual cases including profiling
You also have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects in relation to you or significantly affects you in a similar way.
However, this does not apply where the decision
(1) is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract between you and the municipality of Schwielowsee as the controller,
(2) is permitted by European Union or national legislation to which the municipality of Schwielowsee is subject as a controller and such legislation contains appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests; or
(3) with your express consent.
However, these decisions may not be based on special categories of personal data in accordance with Section 9 (1) of the GDPR, unless Section 9 (2) a or g of the GDPR applies and appropriate measures have been taken to protect the rights and freedoms as well as your legitimate interests.
In the cases referred to in (1) and (3) above, the municipality of Schwielowsee, as the controller, shall take appropriate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, which shall include at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person from the controller, to present its own point of view and to contest the decision.
10. Right of appeal to a data protection authority
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority, in particular in the Member State in which you are resident or your place of work is situated or which is the place of the suspected infringement, if you take the view that the processing of personal data concerning you is in breach of the GDPR. The latter applies irrespective of the existence of any other administrative or judicial remedy.
If you lodge a complaint with a data protection authority, the latter will inform the complainant of the status and the results of the complaint, including the possibility of a legal remedy under Section 78 of the GDPR.
The municipality of Schwielowsee takes technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against loss, manipulation or unauthorised access by third parties. The technical procedures used for this purpose are further developed in line with technological progress and continuously adapted to the state of the art.
We would like to point out, however, that data transmission over the internet, such as communication by e-mail, may be subject to security gaps.
The personal data collected, stored and used by the municipality of Schwielowsee will not be passed on to third parties.
If and to the extent that we commission third parties within the framework of the fulfilment of contracts, they will only receive personal data to the extent that the transmission is necessary for the corresponding service.
If personal data are processed by third parties on behalf of the municipality of Schwielowsee (contract processing), we oblige the third parties acting as contract processors to process the personal data only in accordance with the data protection regulations and to ensure the protection of the rights of the person concerned.
Personal data will only be transferred to third parties outside the EU in the cases specified in this declaration and will not be transferred in any other cases.